Hi? *waves* *receives no response* *goes back into the darkness*
Nope I’m really back. Hiatus is over. And I’m reading goth. Actually there is no point of this post except for ranting about things that are clearly not bookish. Sorry. I technically clickbaited you.
But okay lets give you what you came for. I’ve just started reading Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier and my faith in goth is reinstilled. Goth is always so pretty and lyrical and dark and morbid aka my entire personality. I’m only like two chapters in but I am loving the writing. But then again, halfway through I might not like the plot or the characters so don’t trust my opinions. They’re sooooo changeable. And I will pretend I didn’t just drop a Sherlock reference. But if you get it then comment because I would like to bond with like minded people. Humans are so bORING. There goes another.
Now I’m embarking on a quest to read classics cause they’re supposed to make you smarter…? So my TBR for that is:
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Can you believe I’ve never even touched an austen book? or seen the movie?)
- Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Buuuut I’ve heard a lot of bad reviews about it from friends)
- A few Agatha Christie novels
- Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas (I had an English chapter on this one and it was awfully boring but lets see if the novel turns out to be like that)
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (I will either hate it or love it)
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho (a friend is a huge fan of this one)
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Luis Zafon (It will be better to read it in Spanish but since I know just enough to not die, I will have to read the translated version)
That is all for now. In no way will ever be able to finish this in a month so this is the classic TBR for the rest of the year.
ALSO did you hear the news? Una Stubbs passed away. Mrs. Hudson is no more 😭
Una Stubbs was an amazing actress and AHH ENGLAND WILL NOW FALL (another reference)
My favorite scene was when she fake cried over her shiny sports car while Sherlock is handcuffed and held against his will in her trunk AFTER driving at full speed while being on phone. Mrs. Hudson, the captain of Johnlock, rest in peace.
Anyways. I am seconds away from re watching Sherlock as a tribute to her. Someone talk me out of it. My mental health is at risk. High total red alert risk.
Also I’m super jealous of people who have actual stuff on their blogs. Maybe I need to start sharing quotes too. My life is so dULL (another reference) and I can’t even shoot at the wall (reference) and I’m not allowed to fake my death (reference).
I’m pretty sure I’d suck at lifestyle blogs. No one wants to follow my life, trust me.
I haven’t been to any new places (lockdown I’m looking at you) so no travel posts.
Maybe fashion? But the only think fashionable in my closet is my mom’s 90s clothes.
I don’t watch many movies and if I do, then its gonna be something like Imitation Game and I will probably cry.
Guest posts?? Blog collaborations? I’m out of ideas and I need followers and I’m sooo underrated. Comment below guys.